Saturday, January 14, 2012

Two Women

I never imagined, when you met a few years ago over coffee, that your lives would intertwine is such a way.  My sister-in-law, "K", and my good friend, "M".  In the last two days you have both lost someone significant to you.  "K" lost her older sister yesterday, "M" lost her best friend today.
I'm thankful you are both in my life.  I'm thankful that you were interested enough in the person you had gotten to know over the internet that you wanted to meet for coffee.  I'm thankful that my family and my friends sometimes mesh, because it's so cool for me. What I'm not glad about is that something so sad has happened in both of your lives...and so very close together.

I am thinking of you both tonight.  Sending you both so much love.  Shedding tears for your sadness, and wanting you to know that a shoulder to cry on is simply a phone call away.  May God and time ease your pain, and may you know that there are so very many people that love you.

*****
Molly Mahoney: Are you dying?
Mr. Edward Magorium: Light bulbs die, my sweet. I will depart.
*****

2 comments:

tz said...

lovely, and how hard it is not only to watch people you love 'depart' but watching your close friends handle the loss of their close friends. Especially friends who have become family.

Nicely said, Dodi. As always, you're such a good writer!

Vanessa said...

Loosing someone is never easy and finding the right words is even harder. Fantastic job writing this post and my heart goes out to all who have lost someone. Our internet community creates a "web" to support each other in good times and hold each other up in times of sadness and need.