Saturday, December 20, 2008

Not what I expected...

So, I walk in to the bathroom (that DD1 and DD2 share) for something the other day, and this is what greets me:


The thought that crossed my mind as I turned to leave the grisly scene is that I can only hope they received a fair trial, and that it was a kind and merciful hanging. These particular dolls had never seemed like heretics to me before... but miraculously they were gone later that same day – as if they had risen and returned themselves to the stroller where they usually live.

I’ll not be surprised to find them caged in the pantry sometime soon, or perhaps buried in the unfolded laundry. You never know with our kids. (CLICK HERE for the previously posted story of the strange goings on with toys at our house.)

6 comments:

OHN said...

Hmmmmm....skinny ballerinas that slipped behind the bar?

Maybe drip drying after a soothing bath.

Maybe a captive audience for some bathroom antics?

I have always acted like the army...don't ask, don't tell.

Vanessa said...

What in the world? Was it bath time and they needed to dry?

Jay said...

Your daughters have learned quickly how best to deal with political dissidents.

Dodi said...

Now that I look closely... those dolls just MIGHT be republicans after all. Good eye, J!

Colleen O said...

Oh wake up Pollyannas! (Clearly a hanging in my opinion.) When I recently found the beautiful victorian lady christmas ornament laying across the train tracks - i knew exactly what they'd been playing.

Anonymous said...

Wait, the baby in the middle is a guest in that home!!! (I thought this was a G rated blog????)