Monday, August 29, 2011

I found this great writer...

I love quotes.  I especially love quotes that express how I feel at a certain place in my life.  This is a place in time that I needed words to help me endure... sometimes you just need someone else to say it, to find the words they used, to know that the human condition isn't unique to you.  That this pain has been lived through before you, dealt with by others, and people will survive it in the future. 


I think I would have liked to have met this woman, and I think I'm going to have to read through her writings.
****


There's an awful lot of blood around that water is thicker than. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966


The real is very real to him, the unreal even more so. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


Neurotics always feel as though they were going way up or way down, which is odd in people going sideways. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966


Likely as not, the child you can do the least with will do the most to make you proud. ~Mignon McLaughlin

No comments: