Friday, February 1, 2008

I Heart NY

OK, to ease the inquiring minds... it was nothing as romantic as a getaway with my very handsome husband. One of my sisters was going to see another of my sisters who lives in NY, and asked if I wanted to go too. So, we jumped a flight on Monday and after our return flight was delayed (was supposed to get in around 11pm on Wednesday night) we were back in the wee hours of Thursday morning. (About 2:30am. Still tired and groggy!)

Sister and I did a lot of touristy things on Wednesday, so I'll have a picture post this weekend.

Missed you all, glad to be back! Picked up a new book while on my trip. It's called "Freakonomics." (Non-fiction) I'll let you know if it's worth the read. I'm also going to need a good recommend for my next fiction book, I'm not usually one to read so many works of non-fiction in a row!

5 comments:

Rumour Miller said...

Well I am reading the Tom Cruise book based on your reviews...

Vanessa said...

I absolutely LOVED Freakonomics, its an awesome book. Very real life, easy to understand and questions that capture your attention. And NYC is wonderful, no? I used to live there and miss it. I go back as often as I can.

Sitting In Silence said...

Welcome back !!!....and here I was thinking all this time that you had run off with your husband on a weekend alone...

Gawd I need a life !! LOL

Dodi said...

rumour - I hope that my reviews live up to the book in your eyes. You'll have to let me know. Also, I'd love to know your thoughts on the book when you finish. Will you do a post on it? How are you feeling?

Vanessa - I am about a third of the way through freakonomics and am really liking it. NY city is magic. You forget how amazing it is when you're away. You also forget things like sitting in the opulent Grand Central Station enjoying a lovely breakfast, and then have the seemingly normal looking woman behind you start ranting with profanity at terrorists that weren't there. That just doesn't happen anywhere else!

D - I'm planning a weekend away with husband in a couple of months. Will make sure to blog about the romance of it just for you! (How romantic Arizona will be I don't know...)

tz said...

I loved freakanomics too....interesting read! welcome home, can't wait to see the pics