Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Springtime at Locksley Hall

...where, according to Alfred Lord Tennyson;
"In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love." (*)

Know what I've noticed about the Spring? It seems to be when a blogger's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of all things except updating their blogs!

Come on, ladies, I'm having to search out new material and spend time on facebook. (I am still convinced that nothing good will come from facebook.) Update, I beg of you... UPDATE!!! If you haven't figured it out yet, let me spell it out for you: The internet was invented so I could partake of it's literary amuse-bouche. (Just ask Al Gore.) I don't want to read long, drawn out, in-depth coverage of anything. When I want that, I read books. No, what I want to start my day is short snippets of real life. I love the snippets and stories I find on blogs, and twitter doesn't fulfill me with it's 140 characters. I tried to substitute, I really did. But Twitter is akin to a synthetic opiate... it fills the need if it has to... sort of. Blogging is the real deal, however "old school" it must now seem with the bright and shiny social networks out there that are drawing people in like magpies.

So, for the love of a sisterwife, put down the facebook and come back to blogging. The SMA might appreciate it, too.


*You can find the poem "Locksley Hall" by Alfred Lord Tennyson in it's entirety here.

4 comments:

ganelle said...

Bogging is "old school" ?!? So funny! I just started last year, so what does that say???

Nevertheless, I have notice the frequency of my posts spreading out - I guess I haven't had that much to say (GASP! It happened!!!)

Vanessa said...

As soon as I figure out how to say it, I will put it on the blog. Until then, it just rattles around in my head.

Martha said...

I sent you an email. The funny things the Things are doing these days, well...deal mostly with the pre-teen boy state they are both in. Not suitable for blogging audiences...

But, I will try...I think I have a Wordless Wednesday.

Colleen O said...

Amen Sister Wife! I Have just recently decided the same. Facebook, it's a fad. Flash in the pan . . . blogging - a keeper.