Saturday, May 28, 2011

Learn something new every day

In this season of graduations there are many speeches being given. "The world is your oyster," "you have your whole life in front of you," "never stop learning." These are some of the many famous lines and clichés that will be uttered in the many thousands of speeches given all over this great land of ours.

"Never stop learning" is probably one of the easiest of these lessons to take to heart. After all, "you learn something new every day" is one of the most popular colloquialisms in the world. Why just today, while out running errands I learned that porkchop sideburns on a bald man don't particularly appeal to me.

So, maybe not what MY valedictorian had in mind...but it's something.

4 comments:

ganelle said...

I'm guessing you knew that already. Im thinking it doesn't count. :)

OHN said...

I haven't had time to catch up on my reading lately, and when I opened up my blogger yours was the first post.

I really needed a laugh..........Thank you :-)

tz said...

and I've learned one of the things that don't appeal to you...we're all learning stuff today

Mrs. Kravitz said...

You are a beacon and example to us all in your daily striving for knowledge. Thank you for inspiring me to be just a little better today.