From CRITICAL MASS. I've never had anything like that happen to me before, so I thank you, Rae Ann.
(Here's the thing: I don't really follow enough blog to give them out to 15 people, so I'm going to give each award to 3 or 4 blogs. I hope it's OK to bend the rules as I see fit?!)
THE HONEST SCRAP AWARD
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap
Here are my 10 things, honest!
1) I would listen to any kind of gossip. I even watch made up gossip on television... it feeds a horrible, dark corner of my soul.
2) I doubt my abilities as a mother. I love our daughters beyond comprehension, but mothering does not come naturally to me. This does not, however, exempt me from being judgemental as to how other people raise their children. I am a walking contridiction.
3) I love sleep. I really need sleep. Like, if I want to stay healthy I need 9-10 hours a night. Crazy, but have always been that way - since I was born.
4) I follow Ashton Kutcher on Twitter.
5) I love, love, love THIS WATCH from Tiffanys. The thing is, it's a $5100 watch and how many orphans could that feed? I would be sublimely happy with a $200 knockoff. I wouldn't care about patents or illegalities, I just want that watch. (But not for $5100 dollars!)
6) ...and yet, I spend an obscene amount of money on hair care products.
7) I really wish the Harry Potter series wasn't finished. My mom and I awaited those books like 13 year old girls, always had them on pre-order with Amazon so we'd each recieve our copy in the mailbox the day of release.
8) My greatest fear in life is that one or both of my daughters would become a drug addict.
9) I don't give my dogs enough attention. They love me to distraction, and follow me everywhere, and I love them back... but I don't stop and play with them or love on them enough. The send nothing but unconditional love my way, and they deserve more. I don't think I want another dog until the kids are more grown up and I'm at a place where I want to really spend time with a dog.
10) When the kids bring word searches home for homework I like to do them for them. They happily oblige mom in this.
For this award I nominate the following three blogs
Chocolate Chip Cookies for Lunch Ganelle is raising three sons. A foreign world to me, and I appreciate her honesty about the ups and downs.
Doubting Thomas Aimee is open enough about her Zac Efron obsession that we can hardly doubt her honesty!
The Rumour Mill Rumour is a lawyer, and has two daughters - just like me except for the law degree part! I appreciate her honesty as she writes of her experience with infertility and the challenge of raising the two girls
My second award will be given out next week, and again - THANK YOU Rae Ann! I am honored