Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Have you seen this headline yet? (Thank you, Mrs. Nielson, for bringing it to my attention) "Happy Mother's Day: Woman pregnant with 18th child"

This? This I could ponder for a while. If you'd like to read the whole article you should click HERE, but this is about the Duggar family of Arkansas, and TLC / Discovery Channel fame. Seems the old spark still exists between Michelle and Jim Bob!

If I could, I would have several "first reactions" to this news (I've listed my top ten):

Wow! Why?

Does that woman know how large her carbon footprint is getting?

Do you realize that you now have a better chance of sharing a birthday with a Duggar than of ever winning the lottery?

I wonder if any of these children will ever have more than 2 or 3 kids when they have their own families?

With the oldest being 20 years old, and Michelle showing no signs of slowing down, it is conceivable (lol) that she could show up to her son's wedding pregnant.

Do you think childbirth even hurts by the 18th time?

How many Mother's Day cards does this woman want? Because now she's just being greedy!

I wasn't aware that the Duggar family owned a farm!

Doesn't this woman ever have a headache?

I know it would be exciting to be in Guinness Book of World Records, but I think I'd rather get there by eating pie.


******
Of course, the above reactions are just me being snarky - as I can barely handle the two kids we've managed to bring in to this world. Gifts from God? Yes, they are! But EIGHTEEN? Eighteen. 18. Children.

Give her strength! (And perhaps a headache once in a while.)

9 comments:

Jay said...

I agree, pie eating is a way better way to get into a record book...

Dodi said...

Think eredux just searches "carbon footprint" every 5 minutes so he can leave this message???

I wonder if it's time to switch on the "moderate comments" button?

ganelle said...

Thing of it is, when you watch the shows about her family, their kids are all super nice, super well-behaved, etc. etc. How in the world does she manage 18 so well?

Sitting In Silence said...

Oh Gawd...not again.....dont they have a TV...?

I have watched heaps of Dugger shows on pay TV.

They seem like a beautifil family, but still....take some time out for yourself....18 kids is more then enough...

18 kids...the stress on that womans body...

They need to just put it away seriously....

Sitting In Silence said...

Yeah...time to boycott Dodi....seems Homer is back with a changed name......

Son of A *&%@#^%

tz said...

actually i think after 18 they just fall out....

Dodi said...

Like she's now giving birth like they do in monty python movies?

Rumour Miller said...

Where do they find the energy, seriously.

Dodi said...

The energy... and the "alone" time?

LOL!